The university complies with the Family Education Rights and Privacy Act of 1974 and as it appears in final form in June 1976. This law protects the rights of students to review their own records and to challenge any of the content of the record. Students may request access to their records from the following offices:
- Permanent grade records (transcripts) for all students are kept in the Marion Campus Records Office.
- For CAS students, discipline records are kept in the Student Development Office and financial records are kept in the CAS Financial Aid and CAS Accounting Offices.
- CAPS and CGS students' personal records are kept in the Adult and Graduate Studies Office of Student Services. Financial records are kept in the Adult and Graduate Studies Financial Aid and Accounting Offices.
The law also protects students from the unlawful disclosure of information about their academic performance, personal campus discipline, or financial status.
The law allows the disclosure of five classes of "directory information" as follows:
1. Name, address, email address, telephone number, dates of attendance, class, and religious affiliation.
2. Previous institution(s) attended, major field of study, awards, honors, and degree(s) conferred including dates.
3. Past and present participation in officially recognized sports and activities, physical factors (height and weight) of athletes, and date and place of birth.
4. Schedule of classes
A student may request in writing that one or all of the five categories of directory information be restricted from publication. In no case will grade, discipline, or financial information be disclosed except in those cases that are in keeping with the law.
CAS students would file such a request with the Records office. CAPS and CGS students would file such a request with the Adult and Graduate Studies Office of Student Services.
This policy applies to all the employees of the University.
19-Mar-2015 - Date conversion to KB
Employee Policy 300.07.07
Executive Director for Human Resources
Vice President for Business Affairs/ CFO