Adobe Connect is an official web-conferencing and virtual meeting solution offered by Indiana Wesleyan University. It provides an online space for real-time collaboration between administration, staff, faculty and students. This is a brief overview of how to get started with virtual meeting rooms in Adobe Connect.
Creating a New Meeting Room
- Navigate to connect.indwes.edu in your web browser (Chrome is recommended. Also Adobe Flash must be up to date.), and log in using your standard Indiana Wesleyan University username and password (the same one that you use to access the MyIWU Portal).
- Once you have logged in, you will see the Adobe Connect home page. Click the Create New: Meeting button to create a meeting.
- Enter a meeting name for your new virtual meeting room. You may also create a custom URL for this meeting room. You may choose a unique name by which the room may be accessed, such as: connect.indwes.edu/smith-english101
- There is no need to specify anything for "Time," "Duration," or "Select Template." These fields actually do not affect your meeting.
- Under Access, in most cases you will want to choose the last option here, listed as: "Anyone who has the URL for the meeting can enter the room." This will allow users to access your meeting via the link that you provide them (There is still a basic level of security present, as users who are not provided the link will not be able to access your meeting).
- Leave the area under “Audio Conference Settings” blank. The audio portion of the meeting will be addressed later.
- Click the button labeled Finish. You will be presented with a confirmation page with the link to your new meeting. You may wish to make a note or a bookmark of this new link.