As long as VoIP is being used for the audio (instead of a conference phone line), an entire session that takes place over Adobe Connect can be easily recorded.
Recording a session
- Click on “Meeting” at the top of the Adobe Connect window.
- Select “Record Meeting…” and give this recording a name (it is recommended that you include the time and date of the session in the recording name).
- The session will continue with a red circle in the upper-right corner of the screen to indicate that it is being recorded until you either close the session, or manually stop the recording by clicking on the red circle and selecting “Stop Recording.
The recordings are managed by whoever initially created the Adobe Connect room in which the recording took place. That user will need to do the following:
- Log into your Adobe Connect account (http://connect.indwes.edu) and select “Meetings” from the very top of the screen.
- Select the room in which the recording took place.
- Toward the right side of the screen, click on the “Recordings” tab:
- Locate the recording, and select the check box next to it.
- Click on the “Access Type” button. Select “public” and click the “Save” button. This should take you back to the list of recordings.
- Click on the recording title.
- You will see a “URL for Viewing” listed. This link can now be copied and distributed to anyone who you would like to view the recording. Anyone who has this link will be able to view the entire recording.