This fix should be performed by someone in the Residential Academic Services office.
- Using Colleague UI go to the SVM screen
- Enter the advisor's ID number
- If the advisor doesn't have a staff record, then the screen will ask that to create one.
- Create the staff record, try using their initals, if there is no middle name, then use an "X"
- if there set of initials is taken, then append a number starting with "2" after the initials until it will take it.
- The office code needs to be set to "NC".
- The status needs to be set to current.
- The staff type is "S" for staff.
Omitting the Office Code
If there is no office code, then the person has access to everything. "NC" is used to indicate that the user doesn't have any specific office codes, but needs the record to access Student Educational Planning.