There are several ways to convert a PDF document into a JPG image file. One option is to copy the image into Microsoft Paint and save it as a JPG file. A quicker alternative is to use the PDF2JPG utility which allows you to right-click on a PDF and choose "Convert to JPG".
Go to START > Control Panel > Run Advertised Programs and double-click "IWU PDF2JPG" in the list of available software programs (instructions for Windows 7 here). Check the box to "Run program automatically when download completes" and click the Download button. Once the program is installed (should only take a few minutes), you'll be ready to start converting PDF documents into JPG images.
Convert a PDF
- Place your document in the scanner and scan it as you normally would. The scanner will send you an email message with a PDF of the scanned document attached.
- Open Outlook and locate the message.
- Right-click on the attachment at the top of the email and choose "Save As..."
- Save the PDF attachment somewhere you will be able to find it, such as your My Documents folder.
- Open your My Documents folder, right-click on the file and choose "Convert to JPG"
The PDF document will be converted into a JPG image with the same name and will be placed in the same folder.
Note: These instructions apply to Windows 7, Vista, or XP. For instructions on Mac OS X, please contact the IT Call Center.