When installing PDF2JPG on 64-bit versions of Windows, you will need to perform an additional step to ensure the program runs properly.
This issue is caused by a folder naming convention difference between the 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Windows OS. The "Program Files" folder in 32-bit version becomes "Program Files (x86)."
To resolve the issue, follow these steps...
- Verify PDF2JPG is installed on the computer. If it is not, the program can be installed via the Application Catalog.
- Navigate to C:\Windows and locate the PDF2JPG.cmd file.
- Copy the file to the computer's desktop.
- Right-click on the file on the desktop and select "edit"
- Replace the text with:
"%ProgramFiles(x86)%\GPLGS\gs8.71\bin\gswin32c.exe" -dNOPAUSE -q -r200 -dBATCH -sDEVICE=jpeg -sOutputFile=%file:pdf=jpg% %file%
- Save the file
- Replace the PDF2JPG.cmd file in C:\Windows with the file you just modified.
- Test PDF2JPG by right-clicking on a .PDF file and select the PDF2JPG context menu option. You should see a command prompt window open briefly, and a .JPG version of the file should appear in the same folder as the original .PDF file.