Explains what the Software Center is and how to use it.
What is the Software Center?
The Software Center allows you to track the progress of a software installation or remove an application you no longer use from your computer. It looks like this:
Using the Software Center
From the Software Center you can do the following:
- See a list of the applications installed on your computer
- Remove applications that you no longer use
- Track the status of an application install
- Configure options to control how and when required software is updated on your computer
- See any IWU required software updates scheduled to be added to your computer
If you want to find new applications to install on your computer, use the Application Catalog.
There is a link to the Application Catalog below the search box, but it will only work if Internet Explorer is your default browser. Use the shortcut on your desktop or in your Start Menu instead.
To uninstall software from the Software Center, simply:
- Open the Software Center
- Select the application you'd like to uninstall
- Click the Uninstall button
For a more detailed walkthrough, see Uninstalling Applications with Software Center.