- Locate a file of the type you want to have a specific program open or is opening in the wrong program.
- Right click or hold the Control Key to open the secondary click menu.
- Choose Get Info and locate the Open With section.
- In the drop down list either choose the correct program if listed or choose "Other".
- Click on the "Change All..." button to change the association for all files of the same type.
Once you do this all programs with the same ending will open with the program you have chosen. If you have more than one file type that is incorrectly associated with an incorrect program you will need to perform the above steps for each different file type.
Callstack: at (Archive/Change_of_Program/Changing_File_Associations), /content/body/div/pre, line 1, column 1