The ImageNow Printer (INP) is a virtual printer that allows users to send a direct print to ImageNow instead of printing a hard copy and scanning it in to ImageNow. Users are encouraged to use the INP as often as possible to help conserve resources.
The INP is a local printer on a user’s machine. The INP has a mapped drive to a folder on the ImageNow production server Blue. An import agent for that specific folder runs a script that transfers the images from the user’s computer to a specific location in the software.
There are times when the import agent for a particular INP stops working resulting in a virtual “paper jam”. Each import agent is identified on the ImageNow production server (Blue) as a number followed by 6.1. The only exception is the import agent for Human Resources.
- 0 6.1 back file scanning project
- - 6.1 Human Resources
- 2 6.1 Financial Aid, AGS
- 3 6.1 Financial Aid, CAS
- 4 6.1 Financial Aid, CAS – Communication Mgmt Letters
- 5 6.1 AGO Accounting
- 6 6.1 Student Services, Admissions
- 7 6.1 Student Services, Registration
- 8 6.1 Student Services, Admissions – Communication Mgmt Letters
- 9 6.1 Payroll
- 10 6.1 Financial Aid, AGS – Communication Mgmt Letters
- 11 6.1 Human Resources – mail merge
- 12 6.1 Student Services, Registration – Communication Mgmt Letters
- 13 6.1 Accounting - mail merge
- 14 6.1 Payroll - mail merge
Instructions on how to resolve the virtual paper jam:
- Send email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Type “Please restart the (fill in appropriate import agent number) import agent on Blue” in the subject line.
- Cut and paste the following content in the body of the message: The ImageNow Printer for (fill in department name) has stopped working. Please restart the (fill in appropriate #) 6.1 import agent on Blue. Thank you.