Once you have received your new computer, you will sign in to begin the migration of your data. The process for transferring your data is as follows:
- Your new computer will be delivered to you at the time scheduled.
- The first time you sign into the computer a screen will appear saying that your data is being transferred to the new computer. Your computer will be locked during this time so you will not be able to use it.
- Once the transfer has completed, your new computer will restart. After restarting, log into the computer. Your new computer will then contain all of your files, settings, and programs that are installed by IT (Adobe Acrobat, Microsoft Office, Datatel, etc.). Your old computer will be held for 2 weeks. If something is missing on your new computer, please contact the Call Center at x2209 or email@example.com
Your Lenovo Laptop
The default configurations for the laptops are as follows:
Intel Core 2 Duo 2.40 GHz
- 2 GB RAM
- 150 GB Hard Drive
- 14.1” TFT Display
- CD-RW/DVD Drive
- Wireless Capable
*Your laptop may have been special ordered to meet different requirements, thus differing from the listed specifications.
Included on your new laptop are several pieces of software that help make everyday use much easier. Many keys will have a blue icon on them, while holding the Function Key (Fn) and pressing a separate key you can activate the corresponding feature. For example Fn+F7 will extend your screen onto a second monitor or projector. Fn+F5 will control your wireless networking. One new feature on the Lenovo is the keyboard light. By pressing Fn+PgUp you will turn on the ThinkLight enabling you to see your keyboard in the dark.
Setting Up the Lenovo Fingerprint Software
Additionally you will find Lenovo Fingerprint Software. This will allow you to scan your fingerprint into the computer to enable the fingerprint login option. To enable this feature, follow the instructions below.
- Open the software by clicking Start and browsing in All Programs. The software will be found under the ThinkVantage category.
- You will then be asked to enter your password. This will be your normal network password like the one you use to login.
- After clicking continue you will need to select the finger(s) you would like to scan in. Only the finger(s) you scan in will work with the reader.
- The software will then walk you through scanning in your fingerprints.
- When this is completed, simply select close on the main screen. The next time the computer asks you to login, you should be able to swipe your finger and the computer should log you in.
Since Windows 7 users do not have administrator access, you will need to run the fingerprint utility as an admin at least once to enable it for logins.