In windows vista Microsoft has changed the name of the default mail client that was used in previous versions of windows from “Outlook Express” to Windows Mail below are the settings for setting up your IWU email account on Windows Mail using POP3.
- Launch Windows Mail
- Click “Tools” in the menu bar at the top
- Click “Accounts” and then click “Add”
- Select “E-mail Account” and click “Next”
- Choose your own display name (the name that will appear on your emails)and click “Next”
- Type in your email address (ex. firstname.lastname@example.org) and click “Next
- On the next screen fill out the following settings
- Incoming e-mail server type: POP3
- Incoming mail server: delta.indwes.edu
- Outgoing e-mail server name: delta.indwes.edu
- Outgoing server requires authentication: leave this unchecked, click “Next”
- Fill out your username and password on the next screen using the same information you use to sign into your email via http://delta.indwes.edu and click “Next”
- Check “Do not download my-email at this time.” and click “Finish”
- Click “Tools” and go to “Accounts”
- Select the account you just setup and click “Properties”
- Click the “Advanced” tab at the top
- Make sure that the outgoing mail: is set to 25 and the checkbox below is unchecked
- Incoming mail: should be 995 and the checkbox should be checked.
- Under the “Delivery” heading check the first box and the last box. This will allow the messages to stay saved on delta.indwes.edu until the messages are deleted within Windows Mail.
- Click “OK”
Your email account is now setup and you should now be able to send and recieve your email using Windows Mail.