- On the Extron Media Link Controller, or Extron Touch Link Panel, press the DVD button (or in some cases, the BluRay button)
- Inside the teaching station, ensure that the DVD device (typically a Sony or Samsung branded device) is powered on by pressing the Eject button.
- These devices have a handheld remote control, located on the teaching station. Open the cart door and point the remote control at the DVD/VCR while pushing the control's buttons. If the AAA batteries are dead, contact the support center for replacement. Temporarily use buttons on front of the device.
- Press the BluRay button on the Extron Media Link Controller, located on the Teaching Station
- Make sure the BluRay player turned on. You may turn it on with the power button on the front panel of the player, or with the BluRay player's remote control.
- Locate the handheld remote control for the BluRay player, located on top of the Teaching Station or inside front of the cart sitting next to the BluRay player. In IWU classrooms, these will most likely be labeled Sony or Samsung.
- Make sure that the desired playback source has been selected:
- Disk (DVD, BluRay, Picture, etc)
- USB (flash memory)
- Internet (if the player has been connected to the network)
- If none of these steps resolves the issue, contact the support center for assistance.
VHS Player (VCR)
Most teaching stations do not support analog connections such as VCR/VHS players.
An alternative solution may be provided through the Films on Demand streaming video service. Inquire at the reference desk at the Jackson Library (or call x2603) for information on this service.