Can I Permanently Switch my Mailbox Back to the Old System?
No. Microsoft is doing away with the hotmail style accounts and replacing them with Outlook.com accounts. To learn more about why we had to make this upgrade ahead of schedule please visit this page.
Do I have to re-setup my Email forwarding after this upgrade?
Yes, Learn how here
How can I setup my mobile device or Email client to access Outlook Live?
- To learn how to access the settings to put into a mobile device or other mail client please view Mobile Devices and Other Mail Clients.
Callstack: at (Communication/Student_Email/Getting_Started/Student_Email_FAQ/How_can_I_setup_my_mobile_device_or_Email_client_to_access_Outlook_Live?), /content/body/div/pre, line 1, column 1 at wiki.page() at (Template:IWU/Views/FAQ_Guide), /content/body/pre, line 4, column 29 at template() at (Communication/Student_Email/Getting_Started/Student_Email_FAQ), /content/body/pre, line 3, column 9
What happens if I don't log into my Outlook.com account?
- If you do not log into your account for 31 days your account will become "inactive" To learn more about what this means and how to avoid it check out our Account Inactivity page.
What is Outlook.com?
- This is a more robust version of the email system you used previously.
What will my mailbox size be?
- The mailbox size will be 50 GB.
Where can I go to learn more about using Outlook.com?
- We are continually adding and updating information about Outlook.com on our Outlook.com User Guide.
Why did we upgrade the email system?
Why does my email look different?
- Your email looks different due to an upgrade that took place last week. With the exception of the new look, there have been very few changes to your email. We apologize for the lack of advance notice on our part, and want to provide you with the resources you need for using the new email system. For more information, please check out our other FAQs as well as our Student MyEmail Upgrade page.
Why do I get a blank page when I click the My Email link?
- This usually is caused by resetting your password on the MyIWU page but not logging out afterwards. Learn more here.
Will all of my emails move to the new system?
Will my Calendar information move to my new Outlook.com account?
• No, you may transfer your calendar information from the Windows Live calendar (which can still be accessed here: https://calendar.live.com) to the Outlook Live calendar. Learn how to transfer calendar data from a Windows Live Calendar.
Will my Contacts move to my new Outlook.com account?
- Yes, however, only contacts manually added to your address book will transfer over. Any address that previously auto appeared as you started typing in the "to" field in the old system will not appear in the new.
Will my Contact Categories move?
• No, if you’ve created Contact Categories in the old system, set them up in Outlook Live as distribution groups. Learn how to create a new distribution group.
Will my email address change?
Will the way that I access my email account change?
- No, you may still access your email account through all of your old bookmarks and through MyIWU and Blackboard.