This tutorial will walk you through using inbox rules to forward your email to another email account. Outlook.com now allows you to "redirect" emails instead of forwarding them. Learn more about Forward vs. Redirect.
After completing this tutorial you will have successfully setup forwarding on your IWU Email account. Forwarding allows you to send messages to another email account.
Login to your IWU Email account. If you need assistance signing into your IWU Email account, check out our Email Setup Instructions.
- Once you've signed into your email account, click on the gear icon in the upper right corner as shown below
- Then click on "Mail," which is listed under My App Settings
Next, on the left side of the screen you will see a drop-down menu with several subfolders under the Mail section. Click on "Forwarding."
Now that you are in the forwarding screen, follow these steps:
- Click on the circle next to "Start Forwarding."
- In the "forward my email to" box below, you will want to type in your email address of the account to which you will be forwarding messages.
- You may now elect to keep a copy of the messages in your IWU inbox by selecting or deselecting the option to keep a copy of the forwarded messages.
- When you are finished, you will press "Save" at the top of the section of the screen.
- You may now test your email forwarding.
Test your rule by sending an email to your IWU email account which should be your username followed by @myemail.indwes.edu. Once you've sent an email to your IWU account within a few minutes your test email should now appear in the account you entered in the "forward my email to" field in the second section of the Third Step.