IWU and Indiana Paging Network have partnered to provide discounted pager service to IWU employees.
There are two types of pagers available: numeric and alphanumeric. Numeric pagers cost $32.00 with a monthly fee of $3.30. Alpha numeric pagers cost $79.00 with a monthly fee of $4.50. Text messages can be sent to these pagers via the Indiana Paging Network website. Alphanumeric paging via email is also available at no additional cost. Refurbished pagers may be purchased at the following rates: $20.00 for numeric and $30.00 for alphanumeric. If a pager is damaged it can be replaced for $15.00 as long as the old pager is sent back within 10 days.
To obtain a university owned pager, you must qualify based on the following criteria:
Guidelines For Determining Pager Need
** These guidelines should be used to determine if an employee needs a university owned pager to adequately perform the responsibilities of their job. **
- On Call: The employee is on call after hours or on weekends. Examples: Physical Plant employees, computer support, etc.
- Availability: The employee needs to be available anytime he/she is away from the office (even on campus). Examples: Media Center support, Conference Services, etc.
You must also agree to abide by the following usage policy.
Pager Acceptable Use Policy
- The employee who is assigned a university owned pager agrees to carry the pager and respond appropriately whenever his/her supervisor requires them to be on call.
- Every attempt must be made to respond to pages in a timely manner.
- It is the employee’s responsibility to keep working batteries in the pager. In most cases, the department who authorized the pager will provide the batteries.
- Reasonable measures must be taken to protect the pager from damage or misuse.
- Employees may receive personal pages as long as responding to the personal page does not affect the quality of their work for IWU.
To obtain a university owned pager you must fill out a request form and get the appropriate signatures. This form should be returned to IT for processing. It will take 5 to 7 business days to receive a university owned pager once the request has been received. Please call Ashlyn Luttrell at x2387 with any questions.
To obtain a university owned pager, please fill out a request form and get the appropriate signatures. This form should be returned to Information Technology for processing. It will take 5 to 7 business days to receive a university owned pager once the request has been received. Please contact Ashlyn Luttrell with any questions. Email her at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (765) 677-2387.