The following is a list of suggested security steps for student's personal equipment..
- Always keep your doors and windows locked when you leave equipment in your room. (This includes computers, iPads and smartphones)
- Lock your door when you shower or are asleep.
- If you live on the ground floor make sure your window is shut before going to sleep.
- Keep your cell phone, iPad, laptop and other easy to steal items out of sight (in a dresser or desk) when not in use.
- Use a UV pen or identification tag to mark your equipment.
- If you have an expensive television or monitor with a spare VGA socket consider getting a security cable to help secure the equipment. Laptop cables are also available.
- Don't let Facebook or other programs remember your password.
- Don't share your password with anyone.
- Be aware of your surroundings. Pay attention when signing on to your accounts. Don't sit where others can see your laptop screen through a window, mirror, etc.
- If you have a wireless router on WiFi enabled equipment please password protect them.
This document is loosely based on suggestions from http://www.cybersplat.co.uk/fresher-...security-tips/