EMPLOYEE OR STUDENT EMPLOYEE INJURIES:
For life-threatening injuries, call 9-911. If injuries are not life threatening, ALWAYS contact Human Resources at extension 2117. If medical assistance is needed, they will give you directions on where treatment should be given.
Always complete an Employee Accident Report, found on the Human Resources Family Page.
ALL OTHER INJURIES (NON-EMPLOYEES AND STUDENTS):
1. For life threatening injuries, call 9-911. Otherwise, seek medical attention based on common sense and the desire of the injured person.
2. Do NOT make a commitment on behalf of the University, or indicate we will pay medical expenses.
3. If appropriate, take action to prevent the chance of the accident happening again.
4. Write down all information about the incident:
a. What happened?
b. Where did it happen?
c. When did it happen?
d. Who it happened to (name, address, and phone)?
e. Were there witnesses (name, address, and phone)?
f. What was damaged/injured?
5. Keep all pieces of anything broken or damaged.
6. If you have access to law enforcement staff, ask them to take pictures at the scene of the incident.
7. ALWAYS: Complete the Standard School Incident Report. We need to keep a record of all injuries, even if the person refuses medical attention.
***If you have questions about these procedures, please phone the Human Resources Department at extension 2117 BEFORE an injury occurs.***
This policy applies to all the employees of the University.
19-Mar-2015 - Date conversion to KB
Employee Policy 300.06.09
Executive Director for Human Resources
Vice President for Business Affairs/ CFO