You Have Choices Regarding How Information about You Is Shared
If you would like to opt-out of information sharing with outside companies not affiliated with Indiana Wesleyan University, your preferences will be honored. If you choose to opt out of information sharing, please call us at our toll-free number, 866-325-6307. If you have already provided an opt-out choice to us, you do not need to opt-out again unless you decide to change your preferences.
Information We Collect
In the course of serving you, we collect information about you from a variety of sources, including:
- Information you provide to us on applications or forms, such as name, address, phone numbers, social security number as well as financial, biographical, demographic, military & selective service information, etc.;
- Information we receive from outside companies, such as credit bureaus regarding your credit history and credit worthiness, marketing companies that provide info on educational and professional background, biographical and demographical info and interests, and other companies and information;
- Information from current or past employers, such as employment status, dates of employment, position, etc.;
- Information about your transactions or experiences with Indiana Wesleyan University or its affiliates such as account balances, payment history, dues and over due charges, etc.;
- Electronic data collected automatically by software, such as IP address, browser used, Indiana Wesleyan University login name, etc.;
- Educational records from other institutions, such as grades, studies, interests, standardized test scores, etc.
The customer information we collect is used to provide educational and financial aid services and to help you achieve your goals.
Reasons for Collecting Information
Information may be used or shared within the Indiana Wesleyan University family, as well as with authorized third parties, for a number of purposes such as:
- To protect you from fraud, unauthorized transactions and the like;
- To process your requests for financial aid;
- To service your accounts with Indiana Wesleyan University;
- To keep you informed about services that can meet your needs now and in the future;
- To process requests to transfer to or from Indiana Wesleyan University;
- To confirm eligibility for admission and other programs at Indiana Wesleyan University.
Information Shared with Third-Parties
We share information with third parties when they are acting on our behalf, or acting jointly with us.
We may disclose all of the information we collect, as described above, with third parties that are acting on our behalf or are acting jointly with us, including:
- Collections agencies;
- Advertising and marketing partners;
- Other institutions that are acting under joint programs with us, and provide services that are different from those we provide to you.
We only share information with third parties when those third-parties have agreed in writing to provide at least the same level of privacy protection as provided by Indiana Wesleyan University.
We also share information with others as permitted or required by law such as (but not limited to) credit bureaus, government entities, in responding to subpoenas and other legal processes, and those with whom you have requested us to share information.
We do not disclose nonpublic personal information about our consumers to anyone for the purpose of marketing or soliciting products or services other than our own. We share information regarding past customers in the same manner as current ones.
Protecting Customer Information
We are committed to protecting the security and integrity of customer information through procedures and technology designed for this purpose.
The policies and practices described in this disclosure are subject to change, but we will communicate any significant changes to you as required by applicable law. The policies and practices described in this disclosure replace all previous notices or statements regarding this subject.
The policies and practices described in this disclosure apply to consumers who have, or have had, a customer relationship with Indiana Wesleyan University.
How to Access and Modify Information
You may access your personal information or correct, amend or delete incorrect personal information by calling us at our toll-free number, 866-325-6307.
The Indiana Wesleyan University Web sites use "cookies" to help you personalize your online experience. A cookie is a text file that is placed on your hard disk by a Web page server. Cookies cannot be used to run programs or deliver viruses to your computer. Cookies are uniquely assigned to you, and can only be read by a Web server in the domain that issued the cookie to you.
One of the primary purposes of cookies is to provide a convenience feature to save you time. The purpose of a cookie is to tell the Web server that you have returned to a specific page. For example, if you personalize Indiana Wesleyan University pages, or register with Indiana Wesleyan University sites or services, a cookie helps Indiana Wesleyan University to recall your specific information on subsequent visits. This simplifies the process of recording your personal information, such as billing addresses, shipping addresses, and so on. When you return to the same Indiana Wesleyan University Web site, the information you previously provided can be retrieved, so you can easily use the Indiana Wesleyan University features that you customized.
You have the ability to accept or decline cookies. Most Web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. If you choose to decline cookies, you may not be able to fully experience the interactive features of the Indiana Wesleyan University services or Web sites you visit.
This policy will affect all students
13-Mar-2012 - This policy is a draft and is not yet in effect.
Legal Policy 400.06.05
Chief Financial Officer
There are no known exceptions to this policy at this time.
Callstack: at (Forms_and_Procedures/Policies/Policy_Drafts/Legal_Policies/Legal_Affairs_Privacy_Policy), /content/body/div/pre, line 1, column 1