Allows eligible full-time employees to donate up to 2 vacation days per fiscal year to a co-worker experiencing a catastrophic illness or injury, either personally or with a spouse, or a dependent child. This policy is not intended to cover an employee in the following kinds of circumstances:
· experiencing a normal pregnancy;
· experiencing a common illness (cold, flu, etc.);
· experiencing an illness or injury covered by an employer-paid long-term disability or Workers’ Compensation policy;
· injured during the course of committing a crime or IWU policy violation;
· beyond bereavement leave, with the exception of a spouse or child;
· who has previously abused any paid leave.
ELIGIBILITY TO RECEIVE VACATION DONATION:
· Must be full-time employee of the university with the eligibility to accrue vacation leave.
· Must have exhausted all available sick and vacation time.
· Must have a medically verifiable catastrophic illness or injury, either personally, or with a spouse, or dependent child.
· Employee must complete the Vacation Donation Request Form for consideration.
· Employee must have the attending physician complete a Physician Eligibility Statement before eligibility will be considered.
· Eligible full-time employees may donate up to 2 vacation days (in full-day increments) per fiscal year.
· Employees will designate their contributions on the Vacation Donation Form.
· The recipient employee is eligible to use up to 40 donated vacation days (depending on availability) per fiscal year after all available personal sick and vacation time has been exhausted.
· Donations may be solicited by department or divisional representatives.
· Once vacation days are donated, they are irrevocable.
· Employee vacation donations are valid only in the fiscal year in which they are donated. Unused donated vacation days will not carry over to the new fiscal year.
· All vacation donation forms including medical documentation must be sent to the individual’s supervisor and vice president prior to submission to the Human Resources Department for verification.
· Final eligibility for vacation donations will be determined by the President’s Executive Council.
· Both the Human Resources Department and the President’s Executive Council reserve the right to request further medical documentation before a determination will be made.
This policy applies to all the employees of the University.
18-Mar-2015 - Date conversion to KB
Employee Policy 300.04.22
Executive Director for Human Resources
Vice President for Business Affairs/ CFO