The University encourages its employees to participate in World Impact, Athletic Missions, Soul-Search Discipleship and IWU-sponsored leadership opportunities focused on domestic outreach and global service projects. Accordingly, the University provides paid leave time to eligible employees to fulfill this important role.
- One (1) year of full-time employment for 1 week paid leave; two (2) years of full-time employment for 2 weeks paid leave; and three (3) years of full-time IWU employment for 3 weeks paid time.
- Exemplary Christian character in all personal and professional interactions;
- Record of satisfactory work performance;
- Approval of World Impact Leadership Leave of Absence Request Form by supervisor and appropriate Vice President from the area of employment, and also from the Office of the Dean of the Chapel and Human Resources;
- Ability to effectively perform the duties associated with the respective mission/service trip; and,
- Ability to successfully pass a comprehensive background check, and if applicable, possess a valid driver’s license and the ability to pass a motor vehicle records check.
- Eligible full-time employees may take an approved leave once every three (3) years;
- Employees are not required to use vacation and/or wellness days for the trip unless the duration is longer than the individual’s eligible number of weeks;
- During the service trip, the employee will continue to receive his/her normal rate of pay commensurate with a regular workweek;
- While leading a World Impact service team, the employee is expected not to perform any work from their primary IWU position;
- The employee is responsible for all costs associated with immunizations, passport, or other travel documents; and,
- Any exception to this policy must be approved by the Executive Vice President or Provost depending on the reporting area involved.
This policy applies to all the employees of the University.
19-Mar-2015 - Date conversion to KB
Employee Policy 300.05.12
Executive Director for Human Resources
Vice President for Business Affairs/ CFO