This process is to be followed by UIT (in regard to computer hardware/software) when an employee leaves IWU or changes departments.
- HR notifies UIT of employment change.
- UIT creates a ticket to pick up the employee’s computer equipment .*
- Laptops may be turned in to HR during the exit interview process.
- HR will notify UIT if this is the case.
- Equipment is brought back to UIT, files are moved to \\Red\PastEmployees with folder permissions given employee’s supervisor.
- The supervisor is notified via email.
- This folder will be available for 90 days.
- Equipment is held in its current state for 2 weeks before it is wiped and placed back into general inventory.
- If the vacated position is backfilled, a like-model computer will be provided for the new employee once a hardware request form has been completed by the supervisor.
*All computer and phone equipment is assigned by position, not by employee.