This will walk you through setting up your Windows XP computer for the IWU-Student wireless network.
*** Before you begin ensure that your computer has all necessary updates. ***
- Within the Start menu, open the Control Panel and choose Network Connections.
- Right click on the Wireless Network Connection and select Properties
- Click the Wireless Networks tab.
NOTE: If there is no Wireless Networks tab, follow these steps.
- Close this window.
- Go to Control Panel.
- Go to Administrative Tools.
- Go to Services.
- Scroll down to the Wireless Zero Configuration service.
- Right click and select Start.
- Return to Step 3 in the main instructions.
- Click the Add button.
NOTE: If the Add button is grayed out, then make sure that the Use Windows to configure my wireless network settings box is checked .
- Enter "IWU-Student" for the Network name (SSID).
- Select WPA2 for the Network Authentication.
- Select AES for theData encryption. (If that option is unavailable select WPA and TKIP.)
- Click the Authentication tab.
- Select Protected EAP (PEAP) for the EAP type.
- Uncheck the box next to Authenticate as computer when computer information is available.
- Click the Properties button.
- Uncheck the box next to Validate server certificate.
- Check the box next to Enable Fast Reconnect.
- Click the Configure button.
- Uncheck the box next to Automatically use my Windows logon name and password
- Click OK 4 times, then after a few seconds the following bubble should appear. Click on the bubble.
- Enter your IWU username and password. The domain may be left blank. Click OK.
- After you click OK you should see a balloon like this. You are now connected securely to the IWU Wireless Network.