This meeting room is really two rooms in one. It has a partially equipped teaching station, sound system, and two displays at the front of the room, and the back of the room can be a stand-alone meeting space, with connections for laptops to connect to a projector.
The touch panel controller provides selection from multiple sources which can be shown on the projection screens:
- Desktop PC, labeled Presentation IN-House PC, located in the sound booth (Front of House)
- Laptop – VGA port, located in the sound booth (Front of House)
- Laptop – Soundbooth HDMI cable (with a Displayport adapter), located in the sound booth (Front of House)
- Laptop – Teaching Cart HDMI cable, located on the large mobile podium (a.k.a., smart cart) at the front of the room
- Blu-Ray Player, located in the sound booth (Front of House)
Note: The same source will appear on both projection screens. There is no current functionality to show different content on each screen.
Note: The projector and screen in the back of the room are independent from the sources above. It requires a laptop connection to the wall plate on the back wall of the room, located just left of the projection screen.
- For optimal results, please set your laptop's resolution to 1280x800 (Aspect Ratio 16:10)
- Ceiling Speakers, plus subwoofer
Selection of common sound board User Presets can be made at the Extron Touch Panel, at the sound booth (Front of House)
Podium - start here if you only need to use the podium mic for announcements
Band - start here for more advanced settings, including monitors and multiple instrument or vocal mic inputs
Speech - start here for podium and wireless microphones for a standard, minimal Devotions-type online streaming meeting.
A 16-channel digital sound board provides more extensive control of volume for each input and output
9 channels of audio input are available at the front of the room, including a miniature, non-intrusive podium microphone
Wireless handheld microphone
Wireless belt-pack with headset microphone
Optional: vocal and instrument microphones, DI boxes, mic stands and cables (unused equipment is stored in the closet)
Two floor wedge monitors are available, with an auxiliary audio mix (monitors are kept in the closet)
Wireless in-ear monitors (4, with identical channel mix, with mix/mono option on belt-pack). Bring your own headphones or ear-buds for best results.
- This room has a dedicated PC and PTZ web-camera for use with webinars, or video conferences with one-way audio. Please verify with Conference Services, Institutional Media Technologies, or N&G Operations that the provided equipment can meet the needs of your video conference, at least two weeks prior to your meeting.
- Make sure you are using the Online Streaming PC (Do not use the In Room Presentation PC for video-conferencing). The Online Streaming PC is being used when you are seated at the right side of the sound booth (the flip-up shelf).
- Zoom is installed on the streaming computer, which you are encouraged to use. Feel free to also use Skype for Business, or Google Hangouts, etc.
- Select for your webcam, the attached ClearOne Unite 200. It is mounted on the wall above the sound booth, but it is connected to the computer by a long USB cable.
- Select for your audio, the Line In audio (which comes from the Allen & Heath Sound board, combining sound from microphones and computers).
- Power Sequencer: Located in the left side of the sound booth, a white rocker switch will turn on all of the computer monitors and sound system for a meeting in the room. This takes about 20 seconds to complete the boot-up, or shut-down cycle. It does not turn on or turn off the projectors. This must be done using the Touch Panel Control System.
- This meeting room has a Touch Panel Control System. To use the touch panel, simply touch the options visible on the screen. This will switch between audio and video sources, recall a sound board preset, navigate a Blu-Ray or DVD menu, recall a preset orientation of the PTZ camera, and turn on and off the projectors.
- If the touch panel appears to be off (dark), wave your hand in front of the screen. It does have a sleep mode, which will be entered if no motion is detected, directly in front of the Touch Panel. Detected movement will wake it from the sleep mode.
Directional Track Lighting, allows improved lighting on the lectern location, especially when Video Conferencing.
Control the directional lighting from two dimmer switches on the wall near the sound booth (Front of House)
- These instructions have been printed and provided at the sound booth location, in a white, 3-ring binder.
- Click here for the most recent revision of the Sound and Video Guide: Star 139_A Sound and Video system guide.pdf