This guide provides an overview of the Audio and Video system of the Community Meeting room in the Star Building, located in Marion, on 50th street.
This meeting room is really two rooms in one. It has a partially equipped teaching station, sound system, and two displays at the front of the room, and the back of the room can be a stand-alone meeting space, with connections for laptops to connect to a projector.
The teaching station provides multiple sources which can be shown on the projection screen:
- Laptop – VGA port, and HDMI cable (with a Displayport adapter), located in the sound booth (Front of House)
- Laptop – HDMI cable, located in the large podium at the front of the room
- Desktop PC, labeled Presentation IN-House PC, located in the sound booth (Front of House)
- Blu-Ray Player, located in the sound booth (Front of House)
- Ceiling Speakers, plus subwoofer
Selection of common sound board User Presets can be made at the Extron Touch Panel, at the sound booth (Front of House)
Podium - start here if you only need to use the podium mic for announcements
Band - start here for more advanced settings, including monitors and multiple instrument or vocal mic inputs
Speech - start here for podium and wireless microphones for a standard, minimal Devotions-type online streaming meeting.
A 16-channel digital sound board provides more extensive control of volume for each input and output
9 channels of audio input are available at the front of the room, including a miniature, non-intrusive podium microphone
Wireless handheld microphone
Wireless belt-pack with headset microphone
Optional: vocal and instrument microphones, DI boxes, mic stands and cables.
Two floor wedge monitors are available, with an auxiliary audio mix (monitors are kept in the closet)
Wireless in-ear monitors (4, with identical channel mix, with mix/mono option on belt-pack). Bring your own headphones or ear-buds for best results.
- This room has a dedicated PC and PTZ web-camera for use with webinars, or video conferences with one-way audio. Please verify with Conference Services, Institutional Media Technologies, or AGS Operations that the provided equipment can meet the needs of your video conference, at least two weeks prior to your meeting.
- Adobe Connect Instructions: ,@api,deki,files,6043,STAR_139.pdf
- For optimal results, please set your laptop's resolution to 1280x800 (Aspect Ratio 16:10)
- This meeting room has a Touch Panel Control System. To use the touch panel, simply touch the options visible on the screen. This will switch between audio and video sources, recall a sound board preset, navigate all Blu-Ray or DVD disc menus, recall a preset orientation of the PTZ camera, and turn on and off the projectors.
Directional Track Lighting, allows improved lighting on the lectern location, especially when Video Conferencing.
Control the directional lighting from two dimmer switches on the wall near the sound booth (Front of House)