Skip to main content
Video Player Troubleshooting
Save as PDF
- Press the DVD or VCR button (or in some cases, the DVD/VCR button) on the Extron Media Link Controller
- Make sure the DVD/VCR device turned on.
- These devices have a handheld remote control, located on the teaching station. Open the cart door and point the remote control at the DVD/VCR while pushing the control's buttons. If batteries are dead, contact the support center for replacement. Temporarily use buttons on front of the device.
- VHS NOTE: VHS tapes degrade over time and with frequent use. The video and audio on VHS tapes may have quality issues. We recommend changing to DVD as soon as possible to avoid further issues. Visit or contact the Jackson Library to see if they already have the desired DVD, or if it can be acquired for the circulating collection. Another solution provided is through the Films on Demand streaming video service. Inquire at the reference desk at the Jackson Library (or call x2603) for information on this service.
BluRay player Troubleshooting
- Press the BluRay button on the Extron Media Link Controller, located on the Teaching Station
- Make sure the BluRay player turned on. You may turn it on with the power button on the front panel of the player, or with the BluRay player's remote control.
- Locate the handheld remote control for the BluRay player, located on top of the Teaching Station or inside front of the cart sitting next to the BluRay player. In IWU classrooms, these will most likely be labeled Sony or Samsung.
- Make sure that the desired playback source has been selected:
- Disk (DVD, BluRay, Picture, etc)
- USB (flash memory)
- Internet (if the player has been connected to the network)
- If none of these steps resolves the issue, contact the support center for assistance.