On occasion you may find that when printing particular documents or web pages odd characters appear on the printed out document. This is caused by various fonts in the document or web page that the printer doesn't recognize. To resolve this follow the steps below.
- Open the print dialog menu (This is usually done by clicking “Print” or selecting an icon that looks like a printer)
- Inside the print dialog menu select “Properties” as indicated in the screen shot below
- Click on the “Print Quality” tab at the top of the properties menu
- In the “True Type” area select the True Type Mode “Download as bit image” as indicated in the screenshot below
- Below the True Type Mode is a check box labeled “Use Printer Fonts” make sure this is unchecked
- Click OK twice
Your document should now print out without the odd characters that were on the page previously.
If you have any questions or need any assistance with any of the above steps please feel free to call the Helpdesk at x2209 or email the Helpdesk at email@example.com