The Dropbox function allows students to submit assignments for their online course.
All assignments submitted for an online course are submitted using Dropbox. Within Dropbox individual baskets are created which further subdivide submissions. Baskets can be for particular assignments, students, or groups.
Dropbox (Once a Student has Submitted an Assignment)
- When you click on Dropbox, you will see this when Baskets are clicked on.
- You will see a list of Workshop items and their contents.
- Roll over Students under the heading Dropbox and you will see a list of students enrolled in the course.
- Roll over Entire Inbox and you will see all the sent assignments for each student. It may also be empty if there are no submissions.
- You may also send email directly from the Dropbox, but you must be in either Students or Entire Inbox. Either one will show you the light blue Send Email button.
Dropbox (Grading from this feature)
- Click on the Dropbox tool in the top toolbar.
- Click on the basket that has your submitted item from the student.
- Click on No Submissions to see who has not turned in the assignment yet.
- Select the student on the list.
- Click on Send Email.
- Send that student a reminder that he/she has not turned in the assignment yet.
- Click OK.
- Click on Inbox.
- Click the box next to Student to select all submissions. Click Download Attachments.
- Open the downloaded zip folder to see how attachments were pulled from the system.
- Click on the name of the first student.
- Click on the attachment.
- Assign a grade.
- Include a comment.
- Click save and close the window.
- Click on Outbox. Note the location of the submitted assignment
Dropbox (Add a Basket Item)
- Click Author mode.
- Click Toolbox.
- Click Create Dropbox Basket.
- Notice the option for deleting if you did select it and choose not to include a Dropbox Basket.
- Click Dropbox in the top toolbar.
- Note the added Dropbox Basket in the list.