Explains how to change your IWU Password.
If you know your current password but would like to change it to something different, follow these steps:
If you do not remember your current password and are unable to sign in to the MyIWU Portal, see Forgot Password.
- Sign in to the MyIWU Portal (see How to Login to the MyIWU Portal).
- Click on your name in the upper right-hand corner.
- Click Change Password (the last option in the menu).
- On the Change Password form, fill out all 3 required fields (your current password once, and your desired password twice).
Click the Change Password button at the bottom.
To test for functionality and to ensure that it is properly synchronized with other systems, sign out of the MyIWU portal and sign in again using the new password.
Please note that in order to change your IWU password you must follow the complexity requirements detailed below:
The IWU password must be at least 9 characters long, but may be much longer if desired
The IWU password must contain three out of the following four categories
- English uppercase characters (A through Z)
- English Lowercase characters (a through z)
- Numeric digits (0 through 0)
- Non-alphabetic characters (for example: !,$,#,%
The IWU password may not contain your full first name or last name. For example: if your username is john.doe your password can not contain "john" or "doe".
Your password may also not contain more than 3 consecutive letters of your username. For example: if your username is john.doe your password can not contain in any area "joh" or "ohn"
After completing these steps, your IWU password will be immediately changed to the new value you entered. To find out more regarding which IWU apps and web sites are affected by this change, see IWU Password.