Explains how to create an alert, which will send you a notification of additions or modifications to an item within the portal. Any List, Library, or Discussion Board can have an Alert Me notification--even individual List items, Library documents and Discussion threads.
- Navigate to the site on which you would like to create an alert.
- Note: Any List, Library, or Discussion Board can have an Alert Me--even individual List items, Library documents and Discussion threads
- Click [Page] in the menu at the top.
- In the ribbon, click [Manage My Alerts]
- Click [Add Alert]
- Select the list of library on which you would like to add an alert and click [Next].
- In the Alert Title section, enter a title for our alert
- Note: This will help with identifying which alert you are viewing in your in box
In the Send Alerts To section, enter the names or email addresses that you want this alert to be delivered to
- Two ways to find a user:
- Use the format [Last Name, First Name] to find a user, then click the icon of the person with the checkmark to confirm that the system is able to find that individual.
- Do a search using the book icon in the bottom right corner to search for them.
- In the Change Type section, specify the types of changes you want alerts on
- If the Change Type you have chosen encompasses changes to items, then in the Send Alerts for These Changes section, you can specify what types of changes you want to be alerted to
- In the When to Send Alerts section, you can choose the frequency with which to receive your alerts
- Click [OK]
- Note: You will receive a confirmation email telling you that you have created an alert.
You have successfully created an alert!