Explains how to modify how a web part displays a list or library. This can be used to change what columns are being displayed, to add grouping, sorting, or filtering, or even to apply different display styles.
You can modify the view of a web part in two ways:
- Create a new view and save it. Then apply that view to the web part.
- This method allows you to apply the same view to multiple web parts if desired.
- To do this, see Creating Views before continuing.
- Modify the current view of the web part, without saving the view.
- If you are only displaying the library or list in this one web part, then this method is sufficient.
- To do this, follow the steps below.
- In the title bar of your web part, select the dropdown arrow in the far right corner and click [Edit Web Part].
- A menu will be displayed on the far right side of the page as shown here:
- If you have already created a view for this list or library, you can select that view from the "Selected View" dropdown box. Click [OK].
- If you want to modify the current view, without saving it for use in another web part, select [Edit the current view], which is just below the dropdown box.
- Make changes as desired. See Creating Views for details about some of the options available.
- Click [OK].
Your web part should now be displaying the updated view!