Excel spreadsheets shared in the MyIWU portal cannot be opened like most other links, simply by clicking on the text. Doing so will return an error message similar to the one below. This article will provide two alternatives for opening these Excel files.
The first option is to download a copy of the file and open it locally. This is a better choice when the spreadsheet is for individual use.
- Click on the three horizontal dots to the fight of the file name, which will open a context menu as shown.
- Click on the three horizontal dots in the context menu to open a secondary menu as shown.
- Choose "Download a Copy" from the secondary menu.
- Open the downloaded spreadsheet on the computer and use as appropriate.
The second option is to edit the spreadsheet in the web browser. This is a better choice when the file is being used collaboratively in a team. It is also only possible for people who have permissions to the file.
- Follow the first two steps from Option #1 top open the secondary menu.
- Select the option called "View in Browser".
- If you need permissions to a specific spreadsheet ot other file in the MyIWU portal, contact the owner of the resource.
- If you need additional technical assistance with file access, please contact the IWU Support Center using one of the methods below:
- On campus: extension 2209
- Off campus: 1-877-489-5678