Overview & Instructions
In Author Mode, faculty can now block posts containing inappropriate, offensive or abusive content. Faculty have the ability to block a single posting or multiple postings associated to a thread. See below for instruction on how to use this feature.
- Click on “Author” to be in author mode.
- Once inside of the chosen discussion, click on “Show More” for the post you wish to block. In the screen shot below I am going to block TKstu posting titled “Testing”.
- The posting will open to reveal the blocking feature.
- Click on the arrow next to “Block” to show additional options.
Additional options appear
- The posting will be tagged “Blocked”
- To unblock, simply click “Unblock” and the post will now be viewable.
Note: When a posting is blocked, students will see “This response was blocked by the instructor”.