User receives a prompt when opening Etrieve Content that a scanner utility is needed.
If the user is designated as having permission to scan, the system assumes the presence of a scanner. If the drivers and the scanner utility haven't been installed, the user will be prompted each time Content is opened. Installing the drivers and utility will make the prompt go away, even if there is no physical scanner connected to the computer.
In order to use Fujitsu scanners with Etrieve, TWAIN drivers must be installed. This requires an administrator, so users will need help with this process.
1. Log in as the administrator on the user’s computer. Here is the link to the drivers: http://www.fujitsu.com/us/support/products/computing/peripheral/scanners/drivers/index.html
2. Choose this one:
3. All IWU scanners are either 6130, 6140 or 7160 models. Choose one of these options, depending on the scanner model connected to the user’s computer. If the user has no scanner attached, it makes no difference which one you choose. Download the TWAIN driver.
4. One more choice:
5. Follow the installation instructions.
6. Log off as the administrator.
7. Ask the user to log back in and open Etrieve Content. They should receive this prompt.
8. Click on Download and follow the steps to install the utility. It will require an administrative login/password.
9. Once it is finished, close the prompt.
10. Ask the user to close Etrieve Content and reopen.
11. Ask the user to click on their Area in the Tree (left panel of the screen). When they do, the scanner icon should become available (not grayed out).
12. If the scanner icon is still grayed out, have the user close out of Etrieve.
13. Clear the browsing history for the last hour and open Etrieve Content again. This usually takes care of it. The ultimate goal is for the scanner icon to become available.
Direct questions to Marilyn Woolard, x2708