Skip to main content
Indiana Wesleyan University Support Knowledge Base

Facilitating Additional Network Ports

 Page Summary


In Residence Halls / Living Spaces

All living spaces in our residence halls have wired network ports in each room. Sometimes these ports will be on the underside of the in-room wireless access point, other times they will be a regular network port on one of the walls. 

If there is a need for additional networking ports inside one of these spaces, a personal network switch can be used, however, the device must:

  • Not provide DHCP
  • Not provide wireless connectivity

In Offices / Academic Buildings

No network devices, including network switches can be used. If additional networking capacity is needed, please see requesting an additional network drop.

  • Was this article helpful?