TimeClock Plus 4.2 runs off of the server \\melon. The client software must be installed on a computer that is logged in as a user with access to melon.
To install the client software:
- Map a network drive to \\melon\TimeClock Plus 4.2.
- Run the setup file found in the "Install" folder on melon. This is in the "CLIENT" folder and is named "TC42CLNT.MSI"
- Click on "Install Client."
- When you get to the "TimeClock Plus Folder Location," click the "Change" button and navigate to the network drive that you mapped in step 1.
- Follow the prompts to complete the installation.
If the network drive does not show (step 4), do the following:
- Cancel the installation.
- Make the user an administrator on that machine.
- Log off, then log back on again.
- Re-run the installation. (This time, it should allow you to change the folder location to the mapped drive.)
- Remove the user from the administrator group.
Configuration of client software:
- Open the TimeClock Manager.
- Most likely, you will get a screen that says: "The TimeClock Plus database could not be opened. Do you want to reconfigure the settings?" Click "Yes."
- Fill in the fields as follows:
- SQL/MSDE Server: timeclockdb
- Database: timeclockplus
- Connection method: Default
- User: tcuser
- Password: This must be obtained from Stephen Swan or Steve Gray
4. Click OK to connect to the database.