Explains how to find and install a software program from the IWU Application Catalog.
Step 1: Open the Application Catalog
To view the IWU Application Catalog, do any one of the following:
- Double-click the Application Catalog shortcut on the desktop
- In the Start Menu, go to All Programs > Microsoft System Center > Configuration Manager, then left-click the Application Catalog shortcut.
- Using Windows 7 or 10, open the Start Menu and begin typing
"catalog"to perform a quick search. Left-click the Application Catalog shortcut in the search results.
Step 2: Select an Application to Install
The IWU Application Catalog looks like this:
(Click the image for a larger view.)
Browse the list of available applications using the scroll bar on the right-hand side. Click the Next or Prev buttons at the very bottom to switch pages. To narrow the list, select one of the categories in the left-hand column (e.g. "Multimedia").
If you are looking for a specific title or term, enter it into the search box in the upper right-hand corner and press Enter.
Step 3: Install the Application
- Left click to select the application that you'd like to install.
- Click the Install button in the lower right-hand corner.
- When prompted, confirm that you want to install the application by clicking Yes.
- Your computer will be evaluated for compatibility and, if it meets all of the requirements, will immediately download and install the application.
- You can track the progress of the installation from the computer's Software Center.
Avoid restarting, shutting down, or putting your computer in standby mode (sleep mode) while an application is being installed. Doing so may cause the installation to fail.
- When the installation is complete, you'll be notified with a message like this: