Frequently Asked Questions about the Application Catalog
- Can I use the Application Catalog while I'm working remotely?
- Yes, as long as you have an active internet connection. You can use the Application Catalog if you are on campus or off campus.
Downloading some large software applications can use a lot of bandwidth. You may experience installation failures if you are at home and using a slower or unstable internet connection. If you experience failures while trying to install things from the application catalog at home, try again on a campus location.
- Do I need to have an administrator password?
- No. You do not need to have an administrator account or password in order to install software from the Application Catalog.
- How do I install an application?
To install software from the Application Catalog, simply:
- Open the Application Catalog
- Select the application you'd like to install
- Click the Install button
For a more detailed walkthrough, see How to Install Software from the IWU Application Catalog.
- What is the Application Catalog?
- The IWU Application Catalog provides a list of available software programs that you can install on your IWU computer.
The current version of the Application Catalog is only for employees with IWU computers running Microsoft Windows.