Samsung TV with 3 sources
1. PC (located within receptionist's desk area)
2. BluRay player (located in middle drawer of credenza, beneath TV)
3. Network TV stations
Ceiling speakers, in two zones (inner and outer, in reference to the TV location)
Audio Amplifier with 4 sources
Crown Audio Mixer/Amplifier
TV remote control (request this from the receptionist)
BluRay player remote control
Leave all of the volume controls for the sources (on the left side of the mixer-amp) turned straight up.
Leave the two volume controls for the speakers (on the right side of the mixer-amp) turned off (turn counter-clockwise) when not in use.
Turn up (clockwise) the Inner Speaker volume control until it is loud enough but not too loud for those seated near the TV.
Turn up (clockwise) the Outer Speaker volume control until it is loud enough but not too loud for those standing around the perimeter of the room.
Slide the microphone's switch off (down, away from the windscreen) when the microphone is not in use. Slide it on when the microphone is in use. Leave the microphone on the stand or hold it in your hand, about 3-6 inches from your mouth.
On the remote control, press the red power button, while pointing it toward the TV
To view the Computer, press the remote control's Input button, until HDMI is highlighted on the display. Then press the Enter button.
To view the BluRay player, press the remote control's Input button, until the HDMI 2 is highlighted on the display. Then press the Enter button. To navigate the BluRay menu, you will need to locate and use the BluRay player's remote control.
To control the volume of the TV, start playing some video content which contains sound. Then press and hold the + button on the remote control, until the volume is loud enough. Or press and hold the - button to make it quieter.
Open the drawer of the credenza and tilt down the front panel of the drawer. Use the Samsung remote control to:
1. power on or off the player using the red button in the upper right corner
2. eject the tray to add or remove a disc
3. play the selected video clip or track
4. navigate the menu using the arrow buttons
The front panel of the player is also a touch-sensitive glass surface. Press the illuminated power symbol to turn on the player. Press the illuminated eject symbol to open the tray. Press the triangle to start playing the selected media.
If the volume controls are turned up and yet no sound is coming from the speakers when a source is playing or the microphone is being used...
1. check that power is turned on to the equipment rack (switch in upper right corner).
2. check that the power is turned on to the mixer amp (on the right side of the Crown mixer amp). A blue LED should light up when it is turned on.
If the TV or the BluRay player do not respond when buttons are pressed on the remote controls...
1. try using the other remote control. They may have been accidentally swapped. The BluRay player's remote should stay in the drawer when not in use.
2. test the batteries in the remote control. Replace the batteries if they are weak or dead.