Skip to main content
Video Conferencing in a Classroom using the Newline Interactive Flat Panel
- Last updated
Save as PDF
Locate a Newline Interactive Flat Panel
- Roll the Newline Interactive Flat panel into the room, if it does not reside in the classroom.
- Devices are available in
- Florence Education Center,
- Elder Hall 232,
- Elder Hall 351,
- Goodman 106,
- Noggle Christian Ministries Center 134
- Wesley Seminary 102
Connect to a classroom teaching station (optional)
- Connect the Newline, using an HDMI cable from the Newline's HDMI OUT jack, to the Laptop HDMI input on the teaching station, select HDMI 2, and press the Display ON button to turn on the projector.
- Connect the Newline's power and network cables to the jacks on top of the teaching station.
- Now you can display the contents of the Newline on the projection screen.
- Now the sound from the Newline will also be heard through the ceiling speakers.
Join a virtual meeting or video conference
- Log in to Windows, and Zoom, or Teams, on the Newline's internal PC.
- Use the camera and microphone array built into the Newline, to capture and share the in-room meeting participants, or presenter.
- Adjust the volume of the remote participants, by using the Newline's remote control, or the volume knob on the teaching station.
- Now the camera and microphone from the Newline can 'see' and 'hear' the people in the room, and share it with remote video conference participants who are not in the room.
- Now the entire screen of the Newline can be shared with the remote video conference participants.