Explains the process of how to open a archive (.pst) file in Outlook.
Note:If you are opening an archive file from the \\archive\pastemployees folder, you will need to copy the file to your computer (or other location with higher permissions) before it can be opened.
- In Outlook 2007, from the File drop-down list, select Open, then select Outlook Data File....
- In Outlook 2010, under the File tab, in the left column, select Open.
- In Outlook 2013, under the File tab, in the left column, select Open & Export.
- In Outlook 2007, select the file, and click OK.
- In Outlook 2010, in the right column, select Import.
- In Outlook 2013, in the right column, select Import/Export.
From the list, select Import from another program or file. Click the Next button.
From the list select Outlook Data File (.pst).
Click the Next through the rest of the process. Click the Finish button.