Share Your Calendar, Contacts, or Tasks with other people
This feature requires you to be using a Microsoft Exchange Server e-mail account (see Setup Email Account). Note that only the default Calendar, Contacts, and Tasks folders can be shared. Any subfolders inside of them cannot be seen by another user.
To specify people who can access your items:
- Right-click on the folder you wish to share (Calendar, Contacts, or Tasks) and choose Properties.
- On the Permissions tab, click Add.
- In the Type Name or Select From List box, enter the name of the person with whom you'd like to share.
To set their level of permission (view items, create new items, delete items, etc...):
- In the Name box, highlight the name of the person you just added.
- In the lower section, select the Permission Level you want from the drop-down menu.
Tip: Private Items
Regardless of the permissions you assign, the details of any item marked "Private" will not be visible to other people.
These instructions apply to IWU employees using Microsoft Outlook 2007 or 2011 with their IWU email account.