This policy covers the contingency planning in case of disaster.
The Information Technology Department is identifying processes and resources critical to the Indiana Wesleyan University campus at Marion, Indiana. This will be used to provide the policy and guidance to develop an effective contingency plan in case of disaster.
- Objective - We will develop a plan covering multiple levels of recovery. This can be large-scale disasters touching the entire campus to user error covering individual data loss. The objective will be to resume functioning for all areas impacted within the shortest amount of time.
- Scope – This document will cover the equipment and services offered by the Information Technology group to the Marion campus.
- Roles and Responsibilities – This plan will address who is responsible for performing assigned tasks. IWU has assigned responsibility for coordinating DR/BC documenting to the Infrastructure team
- IWU has conducted a risk assessment to determine likely threats and mitigation factors.
- IWU has determined mission-critical applications and restoration priorities.
- IWU has developed documentation for each mission-critical application. A program for continuous revision and testing of the plans is being evaluated.
- Opportunities for partnership existing within the state or region are being considered. This would provide possible shared regional center, cross-training and joint testing exercises.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity routinely are beginning to be included in every discussion about new technologies at the institution.
This policy will affect equipment and services offered by UIT on the Marion campus
08-May-2012 Policy approved by Director of infrastructure, Brian Israel
09-Mar-2012 - Policy entered into Mind Touch for review.
12-Feb-2009 - Policy created.
General Policy 400.01.02
University Information Technology - Infrastructure
Chief Information Officer
Chief Financial Officer
Director of infrastructure - 08-May-2012
There are no known exceptions to this policy at this time.
Callstack: at (IT_Forms_and_Policies/Policies/General_Policies/Contingency_Planning_Policy), /content/body/div/pre, line 1, column 1