There are no traditional fax machines in the new Science and Nursing Building. Instead, you can now send a fax directly from your computer. Follow the instructions below to send a fax.
To add the fax driver to your computer:
Click on click on the Windows Start menu
In the search line, type in \\printserver1 and press enter
Click on the Lan Fax item coordinating with your location (e.g. Lan Fax .
To send a fax from your computer:
If you only have a paper copy of the document you need to send, use a department scanner to scan the document and send a copy to your email inbox.
Once you have the document saved to your computer, simply open the document and “print” it using the fax “printer”. The exact steps for printing the document may be different depending on the type of document you need to fax. For a Microsoft Word document, follow these steps:
- Open the document you need to send in Microsoft Word.
- Click the File menu.
- Click Print.
- In the Printer drop-down menu, select either LAN-fax 4th Floor or LAN-fax 5th Floor, depending on your office location.
- Click the Print button.
Screenshot: Office 2010
Screenshot: Office 2013
- Click the Specify Destination tab.
- Enter the telephone number of the destination fax machine in the Fax Number field just as if you were dialing the number from a telephone. If dialing a long distance number, enter 9 and then 1, followed by the area code and phone number. Click the Pause button twice to insert a brief delay, followed by the long distance code for your department.
- Click the Send button in the upper right-hand corner. Your document will be sent to the phone number you specified. Confirmation page
You will not receive a confirmation page