Requesting an Admin Account
When requesting an admin account, you will need to obtain the appropriate approvals as outlined in the Approval Hierarchy document. Please make sure to contact and receive approval from the appropriate approver(s) via email before the LMS Administrative team is contacted.
Once you have received approvals from all of the appropriate approver(s), the dean of your school or your supervisor will need to send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. All of the following items listed below must be included in the email to the LMS Administrative team:
- All required approvals.
- Where in the organization structure access is needed (PAU, school, division, department or course level).
- Whether view-only or editing permissions is to be granted.
Accessing an Admin Account
1. If you have already logged into Brightspace, the myIWU Portal or any University site that uses single sign on, make sure to log out of your regular account in Brightspace before proceeding. To do this, select your personal menu located at the top right of all pages in Brightspace and select the "Log Out" button.
2. Access the Brightspace direct login page.
2a. If you are taken to the Brightspace main landing page after selecting the Brightspace direct login page link instead of the login page, make sure to follow Step 1 above and then follow the direct login page link again.
3. The "Username" field requires that you input your administrative account's username, not your regular IWU username. Your administrative account's username will be the same as your regular IWU username but with .adm at the end.
3a. If you are attempting to login for the first time or have forgotten your password, please follow the steps in the Password Management section of this article.
4. After inputting your administrative account's username and password, select the "Log In" button.
1. From the Brightspace direct login page, follow the "Forgot your password?" link.
2. The "Username" field requires that you input your administrative account's username, not your regular IWU username. Your administrative account's username will be the same as your regular IWU username but with .adm at the end.
3. If you entered the username for your Brightspace administrative account correctly, your IWU email address will be sent an email with a link to reset your password. If you do not receive an email and have checked your junk mail box, attempt Step 1 and Step 2 of this section again. Make sure that you do not have an extra space or character anywhere in the "Username" field.
4. As explained in Step 2 of this section, make sure that you input your Brightspace administrative account username in the respective field.
4a. Your password must meet all of the following requirements: minimum of eight characters long and include at least one lowercase letter, one uppercase letter, one numeric, and one non-alphanumeric character (e.g. !, @, #, $, %, etc.).
4b. Your password cannot include your username, ID number, first name, or last name. It also cannot be one of your previous 24 passwords.
5. After inputting your new password twice in the appropriate fields, select the "Submit" button. If your username is incorrect or your password does not meet one of the requirements the system will prompt you with an error message. Please review Step 4 in this section again before trying to select the "Submit" button again.
6. Once you successfully reset your password, follow the "Go to login page" link that will take you back to the Brightspace direct login page.
7. Input your administrative account's username and new password in their respective fields, then select the "Log In" button.