Before a PowerBi report can be embedded on a SharePoint Online Portal site, necessary authorization should be granted. Please follow the workflow below to attain the necessary authorization.
PowerBI Authorization Workflow
- Customer/Owner of the PowerBi Report creates an iSupport ticket requesting the report be added to the SharePoint online portal
- The ticket will be routed to the Office of Institutional Data and Analytics.
- The Office of Institutional Data and Analytics communicate with the customer documenting the following in the ticket.
- Determine the data contained in the report
- Verify the report does not include Personal Information or IWU Confidential information
- Verify the data contained in the report is appropriate for the group(s) requested to consume the information
- Identify how often the report data should be refreshed
- Identify the location/site on the SharePoint online portal the report will be accessed by other users
- The Office of Institutional Data and Analytics will reassign the iSupport ticket to the Software Development Unassigned queue
- The iSupport ticket will be assigned to a PowerBi Administrator for next steps
- The PowerBi Administrator will provide the customer with Gateway Key. The key is required to automate the report
- The report is then published by a PowerBi Admin, and a link to the report is provided to the customer
- The customer may then add the report to the Sharepoint site