o Mounted from Wall above Whiteboard
o Projects onto Whiteboard
o The image or video selected will appear on all projection screens, unless Whiteboard mode is selected, using an interactive whiteboard pen
- B - Ceiling Mounted Projectors (2)
o Project onto fixed projection screens, mounted on wall above, and to the left and right of whiteboard
o The image or video selected will appear on both projection screens
- Ceiling Speakers
- Wireless Microphones - Shure SLX
Body pack with Lapel microphone
- Volume Control
One volume control for program audio - on the interactive monitor
One volume control for each wireless microphone - Extron MVC, located down low inside the front door of the teaching station.
- There is NO connection for the Portable VC Cart System located in this room
- There is a webcam on a microphone stand that can be pointed toward the audience or toward the presenter. This is tethered to the teaching station, but may be unplugged from the desktop PC and plugged into a laptop's USB (type A) port.
- There is a USB document camera with a built-in microphone, which can be used as a webcam on the desktop PC.
- 24" Touchscreen Monitor, for source selection, control of projector, and digital white-boarding.
- Extron push-button controller, for power and source selection of the supplemental projector and TV
- WolfVision Cynap processor
- For optimal results, please set your laptop's resolution to 1280x800 Aspect Ratio 16:10
- Teaching Station at the front of the classroom
Turning on the System
- If the monitor appears dark, tap the screen to wake up the system. This turns on both projectors.
- Troubleshooting: If the monitor and projector do not turn on, open the front door of the cart and press the green power button on the Cynap device. If the monitor is turned off, touch the LED on the bottom right edge of the monitor.
- Turn on, and connect your desired Source using the HDMI cable or wirelessly connect.
- If you want to use the provided desktop PC, wiggle the mouse, or press a key on the keyboard to wake the PC from sleep mode.
- When the PC is on and awake, it will automatically appear on the displays.
- When the laptop or tablet is connected to the teaching station's HDMI cable, it will automatically appear on the displays.
- If you want to select a new source, Tap the screen to show the control ribbon; then tap on the yellow [+] button to be able to select the desired source.
- If the short throw projector does not turn on, point the Epson remote control at the projector and press the blue power button.
Turning off the System
- To turn off the system:
- Tap the screen and click on the [...] icon in the bottom right corner.
- Tap the End Presentation button and choose Power Saving.
- If the short throw projector does not turn off, point the Epson remote control at the projector and press the blue power button.
- Please leave the PC and monitor powered on, to allow automatic installation of security updates, and simplified system start-up by the next user.
Using the Microphones
The wireless handheld and body-worn microphones are stored in zippered leather pouches, inside the drawer.
- Locate the power switch. Slide the switch to power On or Off. The LED will illuminate green when powered ON, and dark when powered OFF.
- The wireless microphones require two AA batteries.
- The wireless microphones in this room do not work in other classrooms and must stay in this room.
- The microphone audio will be heard through the ceiling speakers during lecture mode. Volume can be controlled using the black knob inside the cabinet.
- Alternative microphone options within a video conference or lecture capture include the HoverCam or Logitech Brio webcam.
Using the Camera
- Document Camera: Connect the HoverCam to the computer's front USB jack, using the provided orange USB cable. Use the buttons on the base of the HoverCam to Zoom in or out. Use a switch on the side of the HoverCam to turn on or off lamp. Open the Camera app on the PC, maximize the window.
- Webcam: Connect the Logitech Brio webcam to the front USB jack of the PC, using the USB extension cable. Open the Logitech software on the computer, and position the microphone boom stand with gooseneck. Extend the stand to its full height, if using it to capture content written on the whiteboard. Use the Logitech software to Zoom the camera in or out.
- Also in Zoom or Teams, the HoverCam or the Brio can be selected as a microphone input.
For advanced instructions of the Cynap standard classroom technology, click here.