- A - Ceiling Mounted Projector
- Projects onto Manual Screen on the short wall (front of the room)
- B - Three TV's around the perimeter (one on each side wall, one on a mobile cart in the rear of the room)
- (set TV to HDMI input 1 for local collaboration mode; set TV to HDMI input 2 for for lecture, or mirrored mode.)
- Resolution: 1920 x 1080 (16:9 aspect ratio)
The teaching station will provide multiple sources which can be shown on one or more of the displays:
- Ceiling Speakers
- Volume Control on Touchscreen
- 22" Touchscreen Monitor
- Push-button controller for control of TVs
- Spectrum Compact Presentation Lectern
Turning on the System
- If the monitor is turned off, tap the screen to wake up the system and turn the projector on.
- If the monitor and projector do not turn on, open the front door of the cart and press the green power button on the Cynap device.
- Turn on, and connect your desired Source using the HDMI cable or wirelessly connect.
- If you want to use the provided desktop PC, wiggle the mouse, or press a key on the keyboard to wake the PC from sleep mode.
- When the PC is on and awake, it will automatically appear on the display.
- When the laptop or tablet is connected to the teaching station's HDMI cable, it will automatically appear on the display
- If you want to select a new source, Tap the screen to show the control ribbon and tap on the yellow [+] button to be able to select your source.
- To turn on the TVs, locate the push-button controller on top of the teaching station, and press the ON button.
- Press the PC button for lecture mode, so that the TVs also display what is shown on the projection screen.
- Press the HDMI button for collaboration mode, so that the TVs show whatever sources are connected to each TV's local HDMI cable.
Can I show different sources on different displays?
To show content from two different sources, tap on the monitor and then, within the control ribbon beneath the desired source, select the UP Arrow, to send that content to the ceiling-mounted projector.
Turning off the System
- To turn off the system:
- Tap the screen and click on the [...] icon in the bottom right corner.
- Tap the End Presentation button and choose Screensaver from the options.
- On the push-button controller, Press the Off button to turn off the TVs.
- Please leave the PC and monitor powered on. This way, it will enter sleep mode, and receive any necessary security updates, and a simple tap to the monitor will start up the system again.
- The wireless microphone belt-pack transmitter is stored in a zippered leather pouch, inside the cart.
- On the top edge of the belt-pack is the power switch. Press this quickly to mute or un-mute. Press and hold to power On or Off.
- The microphone audio will be heard through the ceiling speakers during lecture mode. It is also an available microphone option when using Zoom.
- Alternative microphone options within a video conference or lecture capture include the HoverCam or Logitech Brio webcam.
- Document Camera: Connect the Hovercam to the computer's USB cable. Use the buttons on the base of the HoverCam to Zoom in or out. Open the Camera app on the PC, maximize the window.
- Webcam: Connect the Logitech Brio webcam, with USB extension cable to the front USB jack of the PC. Open the Logitech software on the computer, and position the microphone boom stand with gooseneck. Use the Logitech software to Zoom the camera in or out.
- Also in Zoom or Teams, the Hovercam and the Brio can be selected as a microphone input.