The steps below provide instructions for students to pre-register their personal devices to IWU-WiFi. IWU-WiFi is a secure wireless network provided for personal devices of IWU students, employees, and guests.
Locating MAC Address
Before you can register the device, you'll need to find the wireless MAC address. Often times the MAC address for a device is printed on the back or bottom, or may be available in a menu on the device. Learn how to find your MAC address in this article. You'll then use this in the steps below.
Registering the Device
If you have already attempted to connect your device to the IWU-Wifi network without registering it using the steps below, then the device will NOT connect. You will need to send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the Device's MAC address requesting that the failed connection be cleared.
- On a device with a web browser, navigate to https://wifidevices.indwes.edu
- Login with your IWU username and password.
- On the form that opens, type in the MAC address of the device that will be added to the network. (How to find your MAC address)
- Create a name for your device. (Ex. "Wesley Wildcat's TV")
- Choose to make your device discoverable. If you choose to do so, personal devices will only be discoverable by your devices, while shared devices will be visible to users in your approved user list.
- Complete the rest of the form and select "submit"
- Your registered device will now be able to connect to IWU-WiFi for one year without requiring additional logins.
If you need assistance with any of the items above please contact the IWU Support Center at email@example.com or via 765.677.2209. You may also stop by IT Xpress located in the lower level of the Jackson Library.