After completing this how-to you will have knowledge needed to add content as a HTML page. This process can be done to create HTML pages for assignments, discussions, quizzes, exercises, etc. within a module or sub-module. For other standalone guides not listed on any other topic page, access the Additional Guides topic page.
1. Select "Course Menu" from the course navbar.
2. Select a module or sub-module located within the "Course Menu".
3. Within the chosen module or sub-module, select the "Upload/Create" button.
4. From the menu options, choose "Create a File".
5. Enter a title for the file.
6. Choose the correct template according to the type of activity being created, by selecting the dropdown arrow located in the "Select a Document Template". Use of one of the pre-made templates is recommended but not required.
5. If one of the pre-made templates is used, copy and paste or type the information into each section of the template.
6. If there is an associated rubric, create a link to the rubric by selecting the "Review the associated rubric" text, copying the text, and selecting the Quicklink symbol.
6a. From the Insert Quicklink menu, select "Rubrics".
5b. Select the pencil icon next to the desired rubric.
5c. Paste the copied text "Review the Associated Rubric" into the HTML Properties Title field.
5d. Within the Target, select the radio button next to "New Window"
5e. Select the "Insert" button.
6. To create a link to the activity, select the "Access the ... text, copy the text, and select the Quicklink symbol.
6a. From the Insert Quicklink menu, select the activity to be linked to. In this example, we will link to the Assignment tool.
6b. Select the pencil icon next to the desired assignment.
6c. Paste the copied text "Access the ...." into the HTML Properties Title field.
6d. Within the Target, select the radio button next to "New Window"
6e. Select the "Insert" button.
7. Once all content has been added, select the "Save" or "Save and Close" button.