After completing this how-to you will have knowledge needed to grant special access to a quiz, survey, or assignment for specific students. There are times when specific student cases will arise where a student will need extended time, additional attempts, etc. Faculty have the ability to grant the special access on a case-by-case basis. For other standalone guides not listed on any other topic page, access the Additional Guides topic page.
1. Navigate to the editing view of the quiz, survey, or assignment by selecting the assignment title link or by selecting the dropdown menu next to the activity/tool that you want to grant special access to. (In the screenshots, the assignment tool will be represented).
2. Navigate to the "Restrictions" tab.
3. Within the "Special Access" section, select the appropriate radio button.
4. Select the "Add Users to Special Access" button.
5. Faculty have the ability to modify the due date, start date, or end date from the original settings.
6. Select the checkboxes next to the student names that you are giving special access to.
7. Select the "Save" button to save and apply your selections.